Basics of Flute Playing, Tone Production and Fingerings

Moderators: Classitar, pied_piper, Phineas

phoenix2006

:)

Post by phoenix2006 »

i'm a chinese,and i was born in 1982 :wink:
i'm a junior at my college :?
i started learning since 2004 :lol:
i am a chinese girl,glad to meet all of ya here.

omegasquarez

Post by omegasquarez »

7 months ago wen i was 12
:arrow: Attack of The Floating Blob Thingy!!! :shock:

Mango

Post by Mango »

...A month and four days ago.

Cheeks

Played flute

Post by Cheeks »

I strated playig the flue when I was 13 thats 24 years ago. I stopped playig when I was 16. I recently passed a stationery shop that was selling cheap flutes and I decided to get one for my 9 year old daughter. However, I couldn't put it down and a week later went back top the shop to buy myself one. We both now have flute lessons. It amazing how its all come back to me. I am going for grade 4 exams later this year.
My daughter still learning the basics but hopefully in a few months we'll be able to have some duets.

fluttiegurl

Post by fluttiegurl »

It is wonderful that you have picked it up again! I quit playing for several years after college, and decided to play again one day while in a music store. I am now working on a Master's degree, have a studio of my own, play in an orchestra, and direct two flute choirs. It has been an amazing experience for me! I often run across parents such as yourself who once played and have daughters that want lessons. I am currently teaching one mother/daughter pair, and it has been a great bonding experience for them :D

Bev

3 years ago!

Post by Bev »

I'm an adult flute player and I picked up the flute for the first time in my life at age 49. (I wanted to play when I was 12, but my parents couldn't afford to rent me one so that I could play in the school band.) I knew how to read music and I understood some music theory when I started playing the flute, so that was helpful. But, being self-taught, it took me over a month to figure out how to get a consistent good tone in the second octave. I still have trouble with consistency in the 3rd octave (F# and above), but I don't make myself play those enough (bad, huh?). I am fortunate to play with a blue-grass band once a week and that really helps with my flute playing - especially in learning to play by ear. I am really thinking about taking private lessons so that I can raise the bar on my level of playing.

mellskuza

Post by mellskuza »

Since September 2003, I was 14 years old

Flutetastic_Times

I started playing in...

Post by Flutetastic_Times »

I started playing in 5th grade. And I'm now in 8th. So Not to long. it's my 4th year. But everyone else in my school started in 6th except for one girl who started in 4th.
~Always be more concerned about your character then your reputation, because your character is who you are, your reputation is what people think you are~
~D3S1R3@

juneroses

Post by juneroses »

seven years; I'm a Junior in High school

coyote

Post by coyote »

1 year ago and I am 31 this year..... so old :oops:

fluttiegurl

Post by fluttiegurl »

I resent that remark :D I will be 30 this winter (EEK!) . . .

Lydia

Post by Lydia »

I started playing the flute, my first instrument 7 days ago heh. I Love It. I wish I could have done it as a kid.

It must be an easy instrument because I am having no trouble with it at all. Oh, I take that back, while I can play all of the notes in the 1st octave, E sometimes sounds a little squeeky, especially if my lips are tired from playing.

But other than that, I think I am doing great. I can play Mary had a little lamb and twinkle twinkle little star really well, but I am currently working on Greensleeves ( What child is this) and I am still really jerky and slow with it. I've only been trying for two days tho. I should have it nailed by this weekend.

Did I mention that I LOVE the flute ? :D

I must have gotten much better because my dog will speak to me again. She was very unhappy with my first three days of playing hee. I know my breath lasts way longer now. I went from holding notes for 4 seconds to 8 seconds in one week. It sounds like a totally different instrument now that I can keep the breath going decently through whole songs.

flutegurl2009

Post by flutegurl2009 »

i started in the summer of 5th grade...soo ive been playing for almost 4 years!! yay
*MUSiC iS WHAT FEELiNGS SOUND LiKE*
LOVES, BRiT