new flute same old problems

Alternate Fingerings, Scales, Tone, Studies, etc.

Moderators: Classitar, pied_piper, Phineas

JazzyJay

new flute same old problems

Post by JazzyJay »

I have been playing the flute for at least two years and i just got another one about five moths ago. I stopped playing it for at least two months because the semester was over. But now that i start to play it the notes are not coming out right. When i do the B flat scale everything is played right except for the D, E flat and F. My posture is correct but I still don't know why it plays like this. I used my tuner and it thinks that my E flat is a B flat! I tried blowing fast, blowing slow and I even warmed up the flute. I have SIX WEEKS before school starts and I have to play the instrument all year! CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME?
Jazz

Fluteoholic

Post by Fluteoholic »

you should try having a repair person look at it. it sounds like you have a leak.
_*Scott-_

ashurii

Post by ashurii »

Yeah, like the other person said, there may be a leak in the pads or something. That's happened to me many times. *sigh* Irritating, isn't it? lol.

Amateur_Flautist

Post by Amateur_Flautist »

Yes, a repair person may be required, but you might also take a look at it to see if there are any springs popped off or loose screws. That happens to me all the time.
What's life without music?