I HAVE A REALLY IMPORTANT QUESTION!!

Performace Tips, Advanced Technique and More

Moderators: Classitar, pied_piper, Phineas

Vanessa_loves_her_flute

I HAVE A REALLY IMPORTANT QUESTION!!

Post by Vanessa_loves_her_flute »

ok well I am in band, and we recently just had chair tests, well I got 4th chair out of 13 flutes, but the only thing that prevented me from getting first chair was that i was tonging with the back of my throat or something like that?? I had a gurgle in my throat or soemthing?? if any of you under stand what this means could you PLEASE tell me how to fix this issue? THANKS!! i really would like to be in a higher chair and that is the only thing that is holding me back so I NEED your help!!
~Vanessa~

MeLizzard

Post by MeLizzard »

Is the listener saying you have tension in your throat, or are you actually trying to articulate with your throat, like a glottal attack in singing? :?

Vanessa_loves_her_flute

Post by Vanessa_loves_her_flute »

thats the word he used glottal in my throat- i couldnt remember the word but thats the word my band teacher used.
~Vanessa~

Schof

Post by Schof »

Hmm... Did you ever have to spit rice before you started playing flute?

MeLizzard

Post by MeLizzard »

This kind of problem will take a bit of time to properly fix. In overly-simple terms, you'll need to relax your throat (not an overnight fix) so there's no tension, and then retrain your tongue for proper articulation, with syllables like "ta" and "du".