Thinking of trying out picc...

Flute History and Instrument Purchase

Moderators: Classitar, pied_piper, Phineas

FruityFlutie

Post by FruityFlutie »

Hey there! My parents invested in a piccolo for me about 2 years ago. We found it at Valley Repair- a local instrument repair shop about 15 minutes from where I live. Repaired and ready to go, it was $175 which was a great price for a used instrument and it's only been in for repairs once since we bought it.

Try looking at some repair shops in your area and you could get lucky! If not, look in your newspapers and see what they have to offer. Best of luck! ~.~

fluttiegurl

Post by fluttiegurl »

Used piccolos are the best way to go in your price range. Don't buy a "new" off brand. You will have problems over time. Stick to name brands. Ask former high school students if they still have theirs. Talk to members of your flute choir. Check out usedflutes.com and netinstruments.com. These are just some suggestions.

amhso

Post by amhso »

the local music shop probably has a ypc-32 for around 200-300 dollars. or else buy a used one.

fluttiegurl

Post by fluttiegurl »

A new YPC-32 is going to generally cost around $800, and that is pushing it at most places. A good used one can run up to $500, but $300 should get a decent used one. Unfortunately, Yamahas tend to be a little bit on the expensive side when compared to others, but overall, they are good quality.