Christmas gigs

For Anything and Everything to do with Flute Playing and Music

Moderators: Classitar, pied_piper, Phineas

MeLizzard

Christmas gigs

Post by MeLizzard »

Is everyone ready for Christmas? One more gig left, thank goodness...prelude music for tomorrow evening's service, then sing with the choir, then CRASH! Playing is great, but it seems they all pile up at once, eh? Like that tv ad says, "Happy Christmachanukwanzaka to you!". :D

powayflute01

Post by powayflute01 »

Hah. Wish I had some christmas gigs...
Haha, this one is my favorite: :shock:
[size=75]I <3 LXA[/size]

MeLizzard

Post by MeLizzard »

Aaahh, patience...one day, you may find yourself trying to divvy yours up and pawn a few off on your best students! (I didn't mean that to sound the least bit cynical or ungrateful--I'm thrilled to be asked to perform :wink: )

flutist001

Post by flutist001 »

oh my goodness I know what you mean!! I had to play in our christmas concert (with like ummm idk 600 people saring at me!) and at the christmas eve service, playing 12 songs for two prelude services!! i am almost too glad its over!!
[color=purple]¸.·*¯*·.AkS.·*¯*·.¸[/color]

powayflute01

Post by powayflute01 »

MeLizzard, what kind of gigs do you perform? (out of sheer curiousity) Mostly churches? Where I live it seems like piano gigs are in waayyyy higher demand than flute gigs...
[size=75]I <3 LXA[/size]

MeLizzard

Post by MeLizzard »

Church jobs (preludes, offertories, special occasion, etc.), big Advent concerts at several local churches, regional orchestras, lots of chamber music with my husband and some friends, Valentine's dinners, etc...aside from an orchestra concert at the end of the month, however, looks pretty dry until wedding season (closer to spring). If you're interested in such playing, you might look for a compatible instrumentalist (guitar, violin, clarinet, cello, whatever) with whom to play for church services or weddings--maybe record a simple (good-quality) demo cd and leave some with church music directors or in bridal shops, or even fancy restaurants that might sometimes be in need of quiet background music for parties or receptions... :)

powayflute01

Post by powayflute01 »

Cool! Thanks for the advice.
[size=75]I <3 LXA[/size]