Trouble with High E Naturals

Basics of Flute Playing, Tone Production and Fingerings

Moderators: Classitar, pied_piper, Phineas

Burke

Post by Burke »

When I posted before, I think I had just discovered that it was easier to produce E3 using proper fingering, after following Bradford's advice to achieve the third harmonic of A. I just changed the fingering to make it legal, although the word "legal" is probably not the best written way to express the conventional fingering of E3.

silyducky

Post by silyducky »

I LOVE the high E and the F and G but of course i have trouble with lower notes not higher ones but if you tighten your lips to where they r very very tiny and blow u can get it. (hopefully) i kno a girl who has like a teardrop lip so when she tries and play high notes her lips close up and no matter how hard she blows it ends up kinda coming then fizzling out. If u have a teardrop u may just need to work on it alot because the second chair in my band has that.
Dont hate congradulate! <3

steelpanther02

Post by steelpanther02 »

It's not how HARD you blow. It's WHERE you blow. You have to blow higher but keep your lips positioned correctly. Also make sure your lips are really tight like you're blowing through a straw. Try putting out your hand in front of you than aim to blow unto it. Raise your hand gradually till you can blow upward.