A SOLO EVERYONE SHOULD TRY

Advanced Technique, Performance Questions, Auditions, Recording, etc.

Moderators: Classitar, pied_piper, Phineas

Brianne

A SOLO EVERYONE SHOULD TRY

Post by Brianne »

OK. I've mentioned this solo before but... well I dont care. It rocks. its called

Suite modale by Ernest Bloch

Here is a recording that you should listen to. Any flute player will totally fall in love with this song.

http://kellydean.net/mp3/seniorrecital/ ... modale.mp3

apleasuretoburn

Post by apleasuretoburn »

Funny you should post that, I posted on another thread here asking for a recording of that piece. Though for some reason I can't get this recording to play. Can anyone else hear it? I don't know if it's my computer or there is a problem with the file or link itself.

**Nevermind, it's working there now! Thanks!

flutepicc06

Post by flutepicc06 »

I don't know....I'm not a big fan of the piece, after listening to the recording several times. There's nothing to really capture my interest about it. It's a perfectly nice solo, just not anything special IMHO.

MeLizzard

Post by MeLizzard »

Get the Alexa Still recording with orchestra (scored by the composer)--gorgeous! It's a kind of introspective piece, and sometimes takes a while to "grow on" younger players. I assigned the first and third movements to a sophomore student just last week. :D

apleasuretoburn

Post by apleasuretoburn »

I like it. In fact I think I'm going to learn it. I've had the music for it laying around for a couple years and never really bothered with it, but I think that it would be an interesting contrast to some of the other things I'm working on. Besides, it's very lyrical and expressive, which is up my alley.

FltnPicc_David

Post by FltnPicc_David »

*Drools* I LOVE SUITE MODALE.
One of my upperclassmen played it last year and I fell IN LOVE with the piece. I bought it a few months ago and I'm currently playing away at it.