What is Your Gender?

For Anything and Everything to do with Flute Playing and Music

Moderators: Classitar, pied_piper, Phineas

Mfreak2007

Post by Mfreak2007 »

We don't have any male flute/picc players at our school. It is really sad especially because all girl sections mean a lot of drama :!:

Seth

Post by Seth »

Male and I play in the college Band, I'm the only one >.>;; (Male I mean in Flute Section, first chari though :lol: ) :(

SaturnCat

Post by SaturnCat »

Seth wrote:Male and I play in the college Band, I'm the only one >.>;; (Male I mean in Flute Section, first chari though :lol: ) :(
That's great!

H. Blanchard

Post by H. Blanchard »

Female

BlondeFlutist17

Post by BlondeFlutist17 »

Female
I agree male flutists are VERY hot
we have 10 flutists in our advance band and two are guys
(i realized both are named andrew, weird)

fluttiegurl

Post by fluttiegurl »

Female

I have one male student.

Seth,
Where are you from? I know a Seth who plays the flute.

Jamie_Babie

Post by Jamie_Babie »

In my band (i play bass clarinet in band) we have about 10 flautists who are all girls, the first flautist WAS a boy but he left. In the subject music at school, i am the only boy (only six all together though). And in woodwind lessons, i am the only boy (about ten all together).
[img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7716/flutecopy9ur.png[/img]

Weatherlicious

Post by Weatherlicious »

Perhaps a female flautist could be called a "Flautista". Guitarista, Saxophonista, Bassista, Drummerina....

NekoNoKage

Post by NekoNoKage »

Female for me ^_^.

We have 3 male flautists in my band, although I must say..My band director picks on them a lot..When they get 100 on their tests he's like "Wow, and you're a guy." It's funny, but taken the wrong way it could be sexist..XP
Last edited by NekoNoKage on Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I play flute and tenor sax. Fear. ^_^

Flutespicsohmy

Post by Flutespicsohmy »

Female, In my highschool we have many flutes and about 1/2 are boys

amhso

Post by amhso »

male in 8th grade symphonic band. 1st chair. :-D im not too great for my age though, planning to start getting a lot better. it's just my tone though.

~Stormy~

Post by ~Stormy~ »

Yeah... In my school it used to be all girls and now we finally have a boy Flute... *claps hands* It adds soooo much more fun to the section... :)
~Stormy~

fluteylynn

Post by fluteylynn »

Mfreak2007 wrote:We don't have any male flute/picc players at our school. It is really sad especially because all girl sections mean a lot of drama :!:
I find that guys can add to the drama too :lol: but I mean, I could go for another male flute player or two. I know three in total...although the best flute player that I know of is male as well(he is not counted as one of the above three...so I guess that technically I know of four :D)

Bryony-Jane

Post by Bryony-Jane »

Im female.

In my secondary school (high school to most of you I assume) there were only 2 male flautists over the 7 years I was there. Now studying music at university there are only girls majoring on the flute and in our university wind band there is only 1 guy.

I agree there have been stereotypes about male flute players but as someone else mentioned prinicipally the flautists in all the big national orchestras are male.

My current flute teacher and my last one who sadly passed away last month are both male and both very experienced players.