Marching Band fundraising ideas

For Anything and Everything to do with Flute Playing and Music

Moderators: Classitar, pied_piper, Phineas

virginiak

Post by virginiak »

An adult community group I'm involved with now runs a silent auction each year as part of one of its recurring events. The band could run the auction before a concert and during intermission (if there is one). Donations are secured from local businesses. The auction is so popular it actually brings in more people to the regular event just so that they have a chance to bid on the items in the auction.

Here is an article that describes at a high level how it's done -> http://www.wikihow.com/Run-a-Silent-Auction
Forewarned is forearmed, and four-armed is half an octopus.

lula

Post by lula »

We do a silent auction every year at the band concerts. And at the football game we did a raffle; the raffle was a success and I hope next time it will be even better. I was wondering if the band hosted a special concert and put an ad in the paper if anyone would come; we could ask for donations. Anyone think this might work? Please keep posting your wonderful ideas! Thank you so much!
...MUSIC HAS REPLACED HER HEARTBEAT...

danneva

Re: Marching Band fundraising ideas

Post by danneva »

I am not sure of silicone bracelet fundraiser.
You can sell this via online too. Retailers online that offer this type of product will personalize these with imprinted graphics and text and or a company/band logo. Since silicone bracelets fundraiser is an inexpensive and high profit item, it is a very popular with nonprofit organizations and churches as well as companies who are trying to get their information out to build business and bring in additional profits. These items come in a variety of colors and can be customized. Silicone bracelets really can be a fun and powerful fundraising tool. Best of luck in your fund raising efforts.