Used

For Anything and Everything to do with Flute Playing and Music

Moderators: Classitar, pied_piper, Phineas

az1983

Used

Post by az1983 »

Has anyone here every tried to sell a flute using www.usedflutes.com? Or, does anyone know of any sites that would have a decent amount of traffic that doesn't charge a commission/consignment fee??
www.cantabileflutequartet.com www.defproject.org

fluteguy18

Post by fluteguy18 »

There are a lot of scams on that website. I would be cautious.

ana78ng

Used flutes...

Post by ana78ng »

I created an email address specifically for the ad. All 30+ messages I received after placing the ad were spam. The typical "please wire me money" junk.

Ebay (I know many people have been burned with ebay). If you are an established seller and have good ratings (and selling a good flute) you should be fine. I understand others will disagree.

Otherwise, you are left with local outlets, newspapers, local music stores.

fluttiegurl

Post by fluttiegurl »

I have sold/purchased flutes for students through both, and have had no major problems, but I have also been doing this for a while and know what to look out for. The biggest problem with e-bay is that unless you are a well established seller, don't expect much. You have to be very patient selling with any online classified network.

Another option: Contact your local high school and see if anyone there may be interested.

Depending on the level of the instrument, Flute World has a consignment program that is quite easy and fair. I have sold instruments here and it actually took less time than selling on a classified network. In the long run, I also made more money that I would have on e-bay.