Hammig Piccolo for sale

For Anything and Everything to do with Flute Playing and Music

Moderators: Classitar, pied_piper, Phineas

lianeandflute

Hammig Piccolo for sale

Post by lianeandflute »

Hi guys,

I haven't posted on this forum in ages!!! I used to be a regular, but started playing baroque flute about 16 months ago and ended up making a permanent switch form modern to baroque, and then got so caught up in my studies I never had a chance to get back on this forum. I really miss it!

ANYWAY. sorry to blah blah on! The point is, my modern Hammig piccolo is just sitting on my desk, not being played. I feel sad because it's not being used and I think it should be, but also because I don't really want to let it go… but I know I need to. So I thought I'd let all you guys know as well that it's for sale in case anyone is looking for a picc.

It's going for AUD$6200 or best offer. so please don't be afraid to make an offer as I'm quite open to them. Brand new in stores it's worth about AUD$8000 or more at the moment. I've had it officially valued at AUD$7200.

-Hammig
-Cocus wood
- Lip plate head joint
- solid silver keys
- barely used, as new - professional level!

I made an ebay listing so it's more accessible:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181112060231 ... _500wt_898

There are some details on the page but if you have any other questions please, please do ask me! Either through this forum or through the ebay page.
"It's happening inside you; not in the flute!" - Emmanuel Pahud (At a masterclass in Sydney, Nov. 2010)

Zevang

Re: Hammig Piccolo for sale

Post by Zevang »

Hi,

I just posted a question on ebay regarding which Hammig maker is your piccolo from.

I'm not exactly interested, but wanted to help, since this information can be of major importance.

The Phillip Hammig piccolos seem to be the best available.

By the way, yours is truly beautiful!

flutego12

Post by flutego12 »

Zevang wrote:Hi,

I just posted a question on ebay regarding which Hammig maker is your piccolo from.

I'm not exactly interested, but wanted to help, since this information can be of major importance.

The Phillip Hammig piccolos seem to be the best available.
(1) What is the difference between this Philpp Hammig (famous conservatoire level) and the August Richard Hammigs & Johannes Gerhard Hammigs in the professional range?
(2) How do the sound differ with the different wood (cocous, pallisander, grenadilla) and ease / cost of maintenance?
Found part of the answer: http://www.piccolohq.com/pedagogy.html#anchor_232
By the way, yours is truly beautiful!
flutist with a screwdriver

lianeandflute

Post by lianeandflute »

thanks zevang! I really love it and agree haha.

It's a Phillip Hammig piccolo :)

To answer your questions, Flutego12:

(1) What is the difference between this Philpp Hammig (famous conservatoire level) and the August Richard Hammigs & Johannes Gerhard Hammigs in the professional range?

I have no idea. This would be a good question for another thread? Or this one if other people have comments to make? I only tried Phillip Hammig piccolos (well I also tried Burkarts, Yamahas, Pearls and Bulgheronis! But in terms of Hammig ones, only Phillip Hammig).

In order to truly know the answer to this question, you'd have to try them all yourself!

(2) How do the sound differ with the different wood (cocous, pallisander, grenadilla) and ease / cost of maintenance?

Again slightly different for everyone and something other people could comment on? I haven't tried a pallisander piccolo, but to me (and this is personal), I found that the cocus wood was sweet sounding and had a special colour, while the grenadilla is darker and a bit harder sounding.
I don't think maintenance is any different for different woods… but this is something you would have to ask your local flute repairer. It's pretty easy to take care of… clean it when you're done, don't leave it in the sun… let it dry out before putting it away… normal stuff! It would only get cracks if you mistreated it really.
"It's happening inside you; not in the flute!" - Emmanuel Pahud (At a masterclass in Sydney, Nov. 2010)