Where to listen to flute music?

For Anything and Everything to do with Flute Playing and Music

Moderators: Classitar, pied_piper, Phineas

FluttiTutti

Where to listen to flute music?

Post by FluttiTutti »

Hi, I really need to know where I can find the following on the internet. I would like to listen to them online...

#1 and 2 are by Georg Philipp Telemann and edited by Milton Wittgenstein

1. Sonata in C minor
2. Sonata in F major

#3 is by Mozart, K315, edited by Donald Peck

3. Andante in C major

Thanks!

flutepicc06

Post by flutepicc06 »

Most likely you will have to buy the recordings. Most cannot be downloaded for free (legally). These are very standard parts of the flute repertoire, and well worth owning in at least one recording.

FluttiTutti

Post by FluttiTutti »

Oh okay thanks.

I just thought I could listen to a sample on a sheet music site or something, I found a sample of #3, but I couldn't find 1 or 2!

Thanks anyways!

shortandsilly

Re: Where to listen to flute music?

Post by shortandsilly »

FluttiTutti wrote:Hi, I really need to know where I can find the following on the internet. I would like to listen to them online...

#1 and 2 are by Georg Philipp Telemann and edited by Milton Wittgenstein

1. Sonata in C minor
2. Sonata in F major

#3 is by Mozart, K315, edited by Donald Peck

3. Andante in C major

Thanks!
hm..you could try the larry krantz radio page and pray that those songs would come on..:/

arion

Post by arion »

Umm...you could go on Amazon and probably get at least a portion of each. With most of their CDs they have an option where you can listen to a two minutes or so of every track. I'm not sure offhand which CDs would be best for you to look for, but I'm sure that you could find that info with little trouble. :?:

concertino

Post by concertino »

sometime is you do an altavista.com mp3 search, you can find pirated files

fluteguy18

Post by fluteguy18 »

I know that I recently played the Telemann in F major. A friend recently played the Andante in C major. We both played them as part of our studio recital. If we ever get a copy of the CD, I will send you a copy of those songs via email.

flutepicc06

Post by flutepicc06 »

concertino wrote:sometime is you do an altavista.com mp3 search, you can find pirated files
Please don't use pirated music. It takes revenue away from everyone involved in making the recording, so they raise prices to compensate for the lost sales. Pirated music is a lose-lose situation....The performers lose income, and we end up paying higher prices for music from legitimate sources.