Trill Advice

Alternate Fingerings, Scales, Tone, Studies, etc.

Moderators: Classitar, pied_piper, Phineas

Burke

Trill Advice

Post by Burke »

Hi Folks!

Can I impose on someone to explain how to trill? When I saw this in the music I'm supposed to play this Sunday, I asked my choir director about it. She said that I didn't have to worry about doing it, but I'd still like to try. I would at least like to know how it's done. I didn't think of asking for help until now, but my guilt didn't kick in until now. I should at least try.

The music I'll be playing (Welcome, Mighty King, G. F. Handel) calls for a trill at C2. The preceeding note is also C2, and the note that follows is B.

As I said, I really don't have to do this, but if the trill is accomplished the way I think it is, I may be able to pull it off. I'd really like to try.

Thanks for your help!

Burke

Re: Trill Advice

Post by Burke »

Never mind. I just figured out the answer to my own question (unless I'm doing it wrong). Sorry about the wasted bandwidth. I know that's a crime on at least seven planets. :lol:

Flutetastic_Times

Post by Flutetastic_Times »

Well i know you said you got it, but i'm gonna just tell you what it is just in case. A trill is where you play the note writen and the note directly above it back and forth very quickly with one breath. Well hope i helped.
~Always be more concerned about your character then your reputation, because your character is who you are, your reputation is what people think you are~
~D3S1R3@