Hi! New here.

For Anything and Everything to do with Flute Playing and Music

Moderators: Classitar, pied_piper, Phineas

erikpiper

Hi! New here.

Post by erikpiper »

Hi! I am new here, My name is Erik and I have been playing -4 days. :lol:
My first lesson in in 4 days.

I have a rental Yamaha 221 Silver plated. (Actually a good rental, with a great rep)

I am 14, a Freshman, and obviously a guy. I also have played Highland Bagpipes since 7, and can sight read and everything.

Any other guys here? Also, for a proficient pipe player, how long do you think it would take to be god enough to audition for HS band or orchestra?

Thanks!

piccoloprincess17

Post by piccoloprincess17 »

well...im not a guy...(does piccoloprincess17 give it away? lol) anyways...if you are going to be taking lessons, i say wait until your teacher gives you the go-ahead before you audition for a HS band/orchestra. he or she will help you to pick out the music that will accent your talents and abilities as a player. good luck!!!
~sarah

FltnPicc_David

Post by FltnPicc_David »

Guy Freshman here. 14 yrs old, too. I started when I was in 7th grade. Hey. I'm pretty new here, too.

Band_Geek

Post by Band_Geek »

Guy. 13, in 8th grade and I started playing in 5th. Also new here.

ClariFlute

Post by ClariFlute »

I have only been playing for 2 years and im in a college band. (but i have a feeling they are not up to college level because their music is kinda like what an highschool band might play) Anyway, if you practice, it shouldnt take that long long to get in your highschool band/orchestra. We have a flute player that switched to oboe and shes a beginner and she plays in the band! (Also, i think our french horn is a beginner too.)