Suggestions for where to sell my Alto?

Flute History and Instrument Purchase

Moderators: Classitar, pied_piper, Phineas

laneypants

Suggestions for where to sell my Alto?

Post by laneypants »

I've lurked around here for a while but just registered today and I realize this is not likely the venue for selling instruments but I'm curious if anyone here can recommend a place either on the internet or in southern California where I can sell my Jupiter Alto flute.

A little more info that may help: I bought it... 6 years ago maybe? And I've used it two to three times tops, its not getting any love sitting in my closet. It is in immaculate condition and ultimately I'd like to put the money towards buying my fiance a tenor saxophone so if anyone knows of a music shop that might take it for store credit that would work great too. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have!
~Elaine

fluttiegurl

Post by fluttiegurl »

I have consigned instruments at Flute World in the past with great results. A nice alto will probably sell pretty fast. I like this venue best because I don't have to deal with trials, answering 100 questions, pictures, etc. and I get more money this way than when I try to sell through places like e-bay or used flute Web sites.

laneypants

Post by laneypants »

Thanks for the information, that sounds like a great way to do it. My only concern is that they specify that they only accept used Professional models for consignment. A little odd to me since they sell used student models but its not my place to make those decisions lol. The flute I have is a Jupiter 517S which is not a pro model (is it?) so does anyone have any other ideas or should I just call Flute World on Monday and see what they say?

Thanks again!

~Elaine

fluttiegurl

Post by fluttiegurl »

I would give them a call. Most alto flutes are usually put in the "pro" category simply because they are auxiliary flutes. I have seen this model there before.